Triofox supports connecting to SharePoint Online document libraries via Triofox published shares. In this way, SharePoint Online document libraries may be viewed via the Triofox drive letter, or in the Triofox portal, alongside other Triofox published shares.
- Triofox builds 12.2 or later are required.
- SharePoint Online Document Libraries are per Triofox tenant
- Log in as the Triofox cluster-admin.
- From the Dashboard click on the Settings link at the left of the page.
- Click on Sharepoint Online Integration
- Click Edit
- Copy the text in the Callback URL and Paste it into a text editor for now.
- Sign in to https://portal.azure.com as a global administrator for the Azure AD tenant.
- In the left-most blade click Azure Active Directory:
- In the next blade click App registrations:
- In the next blade click New registration:
- In the Register an application blade use these settings:
Supported account types: Accounts in this organizational directory only (hadroncloud only - Single tenant)
Redirect URI: Web: <the Callback URL from the Triofox Storage Manager>
- Click the Register button at the bottom of the Register an application blade.
- The Triofox configuration requires the Application ID and Tenant Id (Directory Id). Click on the Overview node in the app registration blade and copy the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID to the clipboard and paste both values into a text editor.
- In the Branding node, update the Home page URL with the Callback URL from the Triofox portal then click the Save button:
- In the app registration blade, click on the API permissions node then click the Add a permission button:
- Click on the SharePoint card:
- In the Request API permissions blade, click the Delegated permissions card:
- Expand the AllSites node and enable the AllSites.Read and AllSites.Write options. Expand the MyFiles node and enable the MyFiles.Read and MyFiles.Write options then click the Add permissions button:
- In the app registration blade, click on the Expose an API node, then click the Add a scope button.
- In the Add a scope blade, click the Save and continue button:
- In the Add a scope blade, make sure to enable Admins and users in the Who can consent option. Other text fields are arbitrary:
Click the Add scope button once the Add a scope blade is filled in.
- Back in the app registration blade, click on the Certificates & secrets node then click the New client secret button:
- In the Add a client secret blade, type some text in the Description such as Secret (the value is arbitrary). The Expires option allows you to configure how long until the password expires. Select an Expires value appropriate for the security requirements for your organization then click the Add button:
- The value of the secret will be generated automatically. Click the Copy to clipboard icon:
- Paste the secret into a text editor and verify that the value in the text editor matches the Azure portal.
- Log in as a Triofox cluster-admin.
- Go to "Settings" > "Sharepoint Online Integration" (See Step 3)
- Click Edit
- Scroll down to Sharepoint Online and click the option to enable it.
- In the Client ID field paste in the value from Azure AD's Application (client) ID
- In the Client Secret field paste in the value from Azure AD's password Value field.
- In the Tenant Id, use the text corresponding to the Directory (tenant) ID from the Azure portal.
- Click Apply at the upper right of the page to save the settings.
- Click on DASHBOARD at the top of the page.
- Click on Add a Share:
- Click Next
- Paste the URL of the SharePoint Online site into the text box, then click on Get Authorization Code:
Important Note: The Share integration for SharePoint Online has been enhanced in later versions to support Published Shares mappings to multiple document libraries under the same SharePoint site rather than mapping to the root of the site collection. This can be noted by the example provided on the account configuration screen.
- Enable the Consent on behalf of your organization option then click the Accept button:
- Click Finish
- Click Publish
- Click Add Users. The users you added will have the published share in their Triofox drive.
Please sign in to leave a comment.