Triofox allows the admin to translate the web portal, and native clients to other languages. It supports some default languages. For other languages, an admin can translate it directly in Triofox.
1. Login web portal as cluster admin. Go to "System Info" > Language
2. From the language list, select the language you want to translate, click 'SET LANGUAGE'
3. Once the language is selected, the web portal shows a list of resource files. Need to translate them all. Some general resource files are:
- /portal/strings_mac.aspx: strings used in Mac client
- /portal/strings_win.aspx: strings used in windows client
- /portal/webui_strings.aspx: strings used in File Browser
4. When a resource file is selected, File Path shows where the file will be stored on the Triofox server. click 'VIEW/EDIT RESOURCE STRING'.
5. It will show all strings contained in the resource file. It shows the default string in English. Need to translate all strings here. After the translation, remember to click SAVE, to save it.
6. After all resource files are translated, click 'PUBLISH LANGUAGE'
7. Now, the new language will show as an option, when a user chooses web portal language. Or in Windows/Mac client branding.
8. The translated resource files will be stored on both the database and the Triofox server. If you have multiple worker nodes, do the translation on one node. After you are done, visit Server Farm, Worker Nodes. Click 'Apply localization change' on all other nodes. It will read the translation from the database and generate local resource files on the node.