Sometimes Triofox server may not be responding. The web portal does not respond. You may have to reboot the server or restart the IIS service to restore the service.
In that case, need to collect some information when IIS is not responding. Here is the list.
- Follow the KB article here to check the Triofox server version.
Where Are The Triofox Product Versions? – TrioFox Support Team
- Open Windows Task Manager. Go to the Process Details tab.
Here, right-click the Column name and click 'Select columns'
In the Column list, select 'Commit Size', Handles, and Threads
Check whether there are any high CPU/Commit processes. If so, get the process User name/CPU/Commit size/Handles/Threads
- Open IIS Manager. Go to Application Pools. Here, make sure all pools are running.
- Open a browser on the machine. Visit the following 2 URLs.
- From the browser, visit http://localhost/portal/loginpage.aspx
See whether the user still hits the issue when logging in via the URL on the server directly.