This article documents how to manually purge the Triofox client cache from Mac devices.
By Trifox default, the Mac client cache can grow without a limit. If you need to prevent the cache from growing too large, you can define your cache limit and the Triofox client will purge the cache folder and keep the cache size under the defined limit. A Triofox administrator can set a cache limit for all the Mac client, however as a user, you can set a cache limit on a client device (Mac client or Windows client). The Mac client will purge the cache folder every 4 hours automatically in the background process. But in case you need to purge the cache folder for any reason, you can use the "Purge" function on Mac Client to purge the cache.
Default Mac Client cache folder*: /usr/local/gladinet/<your Triofox user login>/cache
We recommend using the "Purge" function in the Mac Client Management Console instead of deleting files/folders from the cache folder.
- Launch Triofox Mac Client from Mac Application and go to "Management Console"
- Find your cache limit on the Mac Client Management console and make a change if you need. (Default value = 0, which is unlimited)
- Execute the "Purge" and click "Proceed" on the confirmation page.
- If your Mac notification is ON, you will receive a purge notification.
- Verify your cache size after the purge( Refresh the dashboard or check the size of the cache folder)